Call for Proposals
Athabasca University is now seeking proposals for a conference that will prepare a range of stakeholders on how best to apply universal design for learning (UDL) and accessibility principles in post-secondary education.
We encourage proposals currently promoting, implementing or researching UDL and web accessibility principles within on-line or blended learning in post-secondary environments.
This event will be held on January 28 - 30, 2016 at the Chateau Louis Conference Center in Edmonton, Alberta.
The aim of this conference is to:
- Raise stakeholder awareness of issues related to access to online and blended education
- Provide the scaffolding and skills on which to build and implement institutional practices around UDL, develop infrastructure to support UDL and accessibility, and processes that support UDL approaches.
- Showcase current initiatives, innovations and techniques used in the UDL and accessibility fields, as well as identify avenues for future development and ongoing implementation.
- Facilitate the creation of networks and allow for sharing of practices and resources
All conference presenters will be required to register for the conference.
- Presentation (30 or 60 minutes)
- Panel Discussion (60 minutes)
- Workshop (90 minutes)
- Poster (table or display in main meeting room)
Proposal Submission Requirements
Proposals should include the following information.
- Title of session (10-15 words max.)
- Name(s) of presenters
- Biographies of presenters (100 words max. for each presenter)
- Conference stream
- Type of session
- Target audience
- Abstract (150 words max.)
- Full description (500 words max.)
- Top three learning objectives
- Contact details including phone and e-mail
- Room Setup & Audio-visual needs
The conference will provide VGA projectors and laptops for use in presentation rooms. There will be a virtual stream for sessions so providing presentations the week prior to start is necessary to ensure its use in the virtual web conferencing system for on-line participants.
Proposals must be complete at time of submission or they will not be considered in the review process. For more information prior to your submission please contact the conference organizers at UDLEvent@athabascau.ca
Submission Deadline: October 30, 2015
Updated September 25, 2015 by Student & Academic Services